Saly

salythereader

Hoops (Silhouette Special Edition)

Hoops - Patricia McLinn The heroine comes across as a stuffy intellectual snob but she does improve as the book moves forward. She has always been an academic and is too wrapped up in her college because it makes her feel closer to her deceased parents, so when she comes back from a tour to find herself assigned as an academic adviser to the new basketball team, she is not pleased. She thinks that their institute would be spoiled if they pay attention to sports so she is kind of rude with the hero, the new coach. They play the cat and mouse game for a while, side-stepping their attraction but a confrontation brings a change in the heroine's outlook and their relationship. The book takes time to get into its groove but I ended up enjoying it. The hero makes her see that she can enjoy life while she helps him with his father issues.