Saly

salythereader

Tempting Trouble

Tempting Trouble - Gennita Low Gennita Low was the first author that made me fall in love with romantic suspense so I will always have a soft corner for her books and so I was very excited to read a new novel by her after a long time. Grace, is Trouble, she is the daughter of Jed, though this is a hidden fact because Jed is a VIRUS and his job has made them not have the conventional father-daughter relationship. I loved reading about how independent and fierce Grace was, she had to be since she practically raised herself and when the VIRUS were all attacked, her father trained her at the age of 16, so Grace can handle anything but is she prepared for COS tracker Lance Mercy?

Grace is still in college but doing an internship in DC, as a translator but it turns out that company is more, they are ghosts/recorder who sell information. The moment I heard her supervisor's name Sandra, I knew she was the woman mentioned in Jed's past in the Kirkland files. I liked seeing Sandra get closure with Jed and rekindle something with Ed.

It took me a while to get into the mystery because bits and pieces were dropped gradually. Lance is there to find a list which carries the names of Chinese arm deals and when his "nun" is kidnapped at a rally, he notices Grace talking with his target, and her posture indicates training, Grace thus becomes of interest to him.

Trackers are loners by nature, trained to hunt, seduce but Grace thwarts Lance at every turn. I loved how Grace despite being nine years younger than Lance could give him a run for his money. Jed too makes an appearance.

All I have to say is I missed Gennita Low's writing and I hope she gives us the next Virtually book and Alex and T's book soon and maybe also revisiting Lance and Grace.