Saly

salythereader

Hiding Jessica (The Guiness Gang)

Hiding Jessica - Alicia Scott Rating 3.5 stars
The heroine of this book really got on my nerves. Yes, she had been dealt a bad hand but some of the choices she had made were equally bad. She is a famous model who brings down her mobster boyfriend, a man she hated, who hit her and blackmailed her into getting involved with him. My problem was the blackmail part. The reason was flimsy, he found out her real identity as a girl who grew up with a violent father and whose mother killed the said father when things would have turned ugly. What I didn't get was what the hell was her problem if it came out her mother was in prison. She would rather get involved witha man whose touch she hated? It didn't gel with me, besides that she is quite a cool customer who has perfected the art of hiding.

The hero Mitch though knows there is more underneath and wants to find out so that nothing bad happens in his assignment to relocate her. Jessica of course has other plans which are pretty stupid at times. Still the book was not all bad just dramatic.