Saly

salythereader

The Good, the Bad and the Wild

The Good, the Bad and the Wild - Heidi Rice This is the brother's story(sequel to Cupcakes and Killer Heels), the now famous Hollywood scriptwriter who acted out once he learnt his real paternity and ran away from home at 16, never going back even when his sister called him up to tell him that their dad was dying. The hero was selfish I felt and he even calls himself that, he was too ashamed to face his family again so just wrote them off, going about his life, then he sees the heroine and seduces her and even when he learns she is a virgin he doesn't think it is his responsibility. He doesn't allow her the chance to tell him that she has been tasked to find him by his real grandfather and then acts like an ass-hole when he learns that. Distance brings him clarity and to make it up to her, he gets her, her job back and thinks he has made it up to her, no apology needed.

The heroine was a major doormat, having been raised by older academic parents she never socialized and then herself went into academics. The hero with his sexuality overwhelms her but she gives in too easily to him. My problems again in this book were the same as the last, the story? Their just seemed to be sex in the book and the hero's implied dark past is never revealed and his issues suddenly magically disappear and he is all ready for love. At the end he goes to patch up with his sister. I kinda didn't enjoy the book much.