Saly

salythereader

Relentless Pursuit (Private Protectors, #5) - Adrienne Giordano Adrienne Giordano was an author I discovered and fell in love with in 2011 when it came to romantic suspense, so her new full length novel in her Protector series was one that I was waiting for especially since it was Billy's book, the one my favourite Monk had kind of beaten on.

Billy is not having an easy time of it, his boss Vic is pissed at him since Billy forgot to renew his passport so in punishment he is baby-sitting a necklace and then he gets a look at the smoking hot general manager and daughter of the owner of the hotel that hired him, Kristen Dante, who he dubs as M.H, Madame Hotness.

So, Billy is soon dipping his fingers in things that are not really his business, the car thefts in the hotel and kind of finds himself in the middle of some international theft ring and find his borderline ADD acting off and is trying to court a wary Kristen and finally finding himself thinking of the "R" word - relationship.

What I liked about Billy was that he was honest to a fault and he lacked a filter which was sometimes refreshing and could be hurtful to others though. What I didn't like about him, his impulsiveness.

Now, Kristen she was great at running a business but had a butt load of body issues because of her half sister and her stepmother who were skinny while Kristen's body type was different. She went through a bad phase once, throwing up food etc but had now left those habits behind but still monitors her food and hides her body.

Even though I liked the book, I did not love it because to me this was not the author's best work and there were many things that kind of irked me. First and foremost was Kristen, her little sister was a bitch and she put up with it and I needed atleast one scene in the book where she gave it to her, but alas that wasn't so. Plus Kristen had major body issues as I mentioned earlier and when she does have sex with Billy she doesn't let him see her even though he tries telling her so many times that she is not a Fat Amazon. I kind of got annoyed by her insecurities even though Izzy in A Just Deception had issues as well.

So, the problem for me was the romance, it was fast and not that believable. I mean for most of the book Kristen thinks Billy is a hurricane like my sister and I need calm, plus with his and her job it is guaranteed that they would spend a lot of time apart. The mystery aspect too was also not something I loved. So, overall this is not the book to fall in love with Adrienne Giordano, I would recommend reading A Just Deception or Risking Trust by her first.

*ARC received through Netgalley.