Saly

salythereader

Mirror, Mirror

Mirror, Mirror - Linda Randall Wisdom So, the setup is that the heroine hires a PI because things in her life don't gel, people she doesn't know seem to know her, accuse of doing things she hasn't and she finds things in her house which are not her own, so she hires the hero who she is sceptical about and he feels the same way about her. Someone is systematically trying to take over the heroine's life while driving her crazy. She is on top of it dealing with her father's death and running the company as well as her mother's stroke. The culprit was obvious from the start, a twin.

The hero is s former cop turned PI who doesn't want to like the heroine at first but all the evidence against her seems fishy, she is terrified. The hero is good at maintaining distance. He tries not to like her or get involved, she's a client and he does self-sufficient really well having been raised by an absent cop father and then a marriage that didn't work out. BAM!Suddenly these two are involved and somehow I want to feel the yearning and sexual tension but ZIP!
The book had way too much drama for me. The characters weren't someone I cared much about, it was so obvious the parents had lied and in the end the twin swap thing was unnecessary. Also I so didn't want the villain's POV.