Saly

salythereader

Little Matchmakers (Harlequin Special Edition Series #2202)

Little Matchmakers - Jennifer Greene Rating 3.5 stars

The h/H are both single parents trying to do their best when they are told by the teacher that there are some problems, the hero's son seems uncomfortable amongst women maybe it is because his mom is absent and the heroine's son prefers to spend time indoors than do anything physical. The hero who has noticed the heroine from the starts suggests a swap, as an experiment and it kind of works. The heroine too has noticed the hero not that she shows him she has. The heroine had self-esteem issues, she was a misfit in her perfect family, she got pregnant the first time she slept with someone and then married him while he went away to war. She felt like a failure, she never went to college, she never had a chance at marriage since her husband was mostly away and died and she is not a homemaker. I liked the heroine, she was doing the best she could, her son was intelligent and responsible as hell that could be disconcerting sometimes.

The hero was great as well. He had been married to a perfect Southern belle who was not much of a mother and divorced for five years. From the start he is more invested in the heroine, he wants something serious with her while the heroine thinks she makes a mess of everything. I found the book to be sweet and it did annoy me that the heroine could not see how great she was but Tucker never let her withdraw. The kids were great as well.