Saly

salythereader

If You Hear Her (Ash Trilogy, #1)

If You Hear Her (Ash Trilogy, #1) - Shiloh Walker I enjoyed this book quite a bit. I liked Lena and independence. Despite being blind she was a full person and had fought hard for it(her mother was the overprotective sort). I loved it that she was a cook.

Ezra the hero is a cop on leave. He is staying at his grandmothers house doing nothing. He isn't sure he wants to go back. Six months ago he was shot by his partner and lover and he has had nightmares ever since. He doesn't trust his judgement, he killed someone who was his best friend even if she was a dirty cop.

The relationship worked for me even if it was fast. There are other characters as well. Hope, the woman who has been through so much, abused by her husband and his power as a cop and it is not over yet for her. Law, Lena's friend who loves her and is a writer and regrets failing Hope. Remy, Lena's ex and town lawyer who has an interest in Hope an the sick serial rapist still at large. So, a lot of loose ends. Hope, she deserves a happy ending, that poor woman.

Now, on to the next book.