Saly

salythereader

Drop-Dead Gorgeous

Drop - Dead Gorgeous (Sweet Talkin' Guys) - Lyn Ellis I really enjoyed this book, it was fun. The hero is a former teenage delinquent, former Marine and current Chief of Police, a job he is not sure he likes, he is also the man Katie, the daughter of the town's richest man had a crush on in high school.

Despite being two years older Mitch noticed her, he couldn't help it, she was shy, a good girl and then a sad one dealing with her mother's death. Mitch has matured but it seems Kate is determined to be a bad girl.

Kate came to town for a school reunion and to make her dad finally take notice. Her whole life she has been good, great grades, job everything but her dad has never been satisfied and now that he has the son he always wanted, he seems to be more absent. First off her dad is a dick, who makes their daughter take an appointment.

On the advice of her friend Kate tries to do bad things and almost strips something Mitch stops. I loved the chemistry between these two, it was sizzling. I also felt sorry for Kate, she was just so desperate to connect with her father but finally had to face the truth which had been in her face.

I especially loved the ending when she proposed. A pretty good read.