Saly

salythereader

If the Ring Fits (Harlequin Special Edition #2139)

If the Ring Fits - Cindy Kirk The hero/heroine wake up married in Vegas which is weird because they weren't drunk when they got hitched. They are best friends and have been friend with benefits for three years. They've known each other since childhood and even dated in college before she realized that he didn't want kids and she did so they broke up and despite being on the pill she became pregnant in college and got married. Her rich husband left her when she was pregnant for the second time and that really dented her confidence because her marriage was trouble, her husband blamed her for trapping him, made her conscious about her pregnant body.

The hero is a happy bachelor and wants to stay that way. He raised his siblings when in med school so wants freedom now. He is also an OB/GYN. They plan on getting their marriage annulled when the h announces her pregnancy. She wants to get divorced after she gives birth. He doesn't want that, the h has had enough trouble in life, nurse, mother of three at 26, her extreme fertility plus her douchey ex.

Hero starts off as pretending to be a family man and soon becomes one, it is so natural but the heroine's marriage did a number on her and she is scared and doubtful inside.

I found the book okay, atleast the fear of raising five kids was raised by the heroine. I found the hero's turn around too fast & the characters never stood out for me. The book was filled with inconsistencies, it took her ten years to realize that she was in love with him forever and she didn't mind him wearing the cologne she bought him, for other women. The same with him, he has such a reputation with women but he at one time thinks she is the only one I have been sleeping with since the past three years, so what about the reputation. All of this gave me huh moments.