Saly

salythereader

Mystery Man (Dream Man, #1)

Mystery Man (Dream Man, #1) - Kristen Ashley Rating 3.5
Practically all my GR friends have been reading this author & urging me to, so last evening I gave in, first off I should have started reading the book earlier since it was huge and then there were moments when I didn't understand what was being said because of the way it was written but that aside I did enjoy the book despite the problem I had with the arrogance and stupidity of some characters.

First of the heroine, in this day and age of STD's, she continued to sleep with a man whose name she didn't know for one and a half years, I mean fine she picked him up & after the first day he was gone, he kept returning and not finding this creepy enough to stop, she let him and then later on the book she feels dirty because she finds out that she was kind of in a line of booty calls and she never once attempted to deepen whatever they had or even talk to him.

Other things about her, she loves her dad and step-mom. She also realizes that Mystery Man(is like her dad, bossy) who acquires a name after her half sister lands herself in something that has a biker gang, FBI, police and bad guys looking for her. He actually kind of gets up in her face for walking into a biker gang lair to find out about her sister and Gwen feels angry about how he confesses that he has been keeping an eye out on her, violating her privacy when they don't really have a relationship and suddenly he is like you are mine.

Of course after this guys are all over Gwen, while the hero thinks that even when the heroine is telling him no, it actually means yes.

The hero Hawk's behaviour is something no woman would stand for in real life but I guess in fiction things are kind of okay. Also the fault for their non-relationship also lay with the heroine a bit. I didn't like the fact that Hawk says she was his but he has no problem saying there were other women during the time period she was his sex-toy.

Then, there is the fact that he wants the heroine to open herself to him completely forgetting the lessons she learnt from her failed marriage and cheating ex, even when he only offers her token from his life when he feels like.

There comes a moment he breaks up with her, just when Gwen is opening up, what I find weird was that she up & walked off with another guy & lived with him, sleeping with him in his bed(not having sex) and letting him kiss her, I dunno this just came off as weird.

Of course the hero tries to make up for it, telling her why he is the way he is, that he lost his wife and daughter and expects the heroine to immediately fall over on him, which she doesn't, she needs time to process which he doesn't want to give her.

The book was filled with flaws and despite them I did enjoy it but it went over the top with everything.