Saly

salythereader

Midnight Remedy

Midnight Remedy - Eve Gaddy I think if I had to describe this book it would have to be about two damaged people stumbling and finding their way to each other, now the question is did I enjoy their journey? I liked the book I will say, the past of the heroine Piper is gradually revealed and so is her shame behind it.

She is a single mother, living with her grandfather and a horticulturist, in a small town with big memory. The hero Eric is a fresh entry, a doctor wanting to get away from the big city, in part due to his divorce a few years earlier with a woman who wanted to climb the ladder of success.

Their relationship is slow to progress because the hero approaches her with a motive, of which he is very open about, he wants the recipe of a remedy that he believes , may have helped one of his patients, while the heroine Piper is very reticent and we are made aware of her history with doctors and bad publicity.

In many ways the heroine Piper was still very much that nineteen year old girl duped by a married man and then thrown into the media spotlight because of the said man's wife's actions. She still clung to that shame and secrecy which actually blew up on her face with her son. The hero Eric too wasn't without baggage as when his past his revealed so is the fact that his wife was unfaithful.

Looking past the whole setup with remedy that led to the meeting between the hero and heroine, the book was a decent enough read to occupy your time. My rating for the book are reduced due the fact that many plot devices seemed to familiar to me since I am quite a reader and also the fact that the heroine took too long to wise up and face her past and her growth.

I really liked Eric I must admit though he just had this pull and charm.

ARC provided for review through Netgalley