Saly

salythereader

Money Shot

Money Shot - Susan Sey This book didn't work for me for several reasons first of all it was too "out" there, the whole island with rules, the pagan thing, none of it was my thing. The heroine is from the Secret Service and someone featured in the author's last book. She likes to go by the name Goose since her real name Maria brings back bad memories.

The hero Rush was a SEAL sniper slowly getting into the land of living after leaving the army. The very first day Maria makes a move on him but Rush stops it since he wants the real her, not Goose who tries to make herself perfect and tries to hide the fact that she is deeply unhappy and filled with guilt.

Then there is a young sixteen year old messed up cousin that reminds Maria of her sixteen year old self filled with self-loathing. My problem with the book was that I didn't like the pace and the cast of characters that much.

The heroine had too much of angst in her, she was 16 when her twin was killed because she let her sister's ex-boyfriend and killer into her life by dating him, after that she never really moved on neither did her parents.

The romance didn't really click with me either. All in all a disappointing read and a plot that I didn't like.