Saly

salythereader

Got Game? - Stephanie Doyle Rating 3.5
I enjoyed the book even though it did have a lot of golf, since I am not that familiar with the game at times I wasn't that enamoured but overall I liked the book.

The heroine Reilly is at the top of women golf but she has been feeling bored lately maybe it has to do with the fact that she has just turned 30, her grandparents who raised her and her brother since she was 2 are getting older and there doesn't seem to be any challenge in the game.

So, after her tournament is over she goes home to her grandparents along with her brother and caddie Kenny. Pretty soon Luke, her brother's best friend and once a top men's player turned commentator soon follows.

Luke and Reilly are losers when it comes to relationships, Reilly has two divorces and a broken engagement under her belt while Luke has just gotten divorced for the third time.

But more than their friendship they have been lovers, whenever each of them have been free, it started when Reilly turned eighteen and made a move losing her virginity to Luke. While Reilly is grappling with the decision if she wants to be the first woman to play in a men's tournament, Luke has come to certain conclusions about his personal life and feeling for Reilly, he wants them to try for something more and has even figured out why his marriages didn't work mainly because of Reilly and there wasn't any love when he went into them.

Beyond this plot we have someone stalking Reilly and also her brother Kenny who after a lifetime of flitting from relationship to relationship is ready to get serious and is feeling empty because his on/off relationship with Tess seems to be over. So, we see him figuring his feelings out and fighting for what he wants.

The romance wasn't center-stage and for a long time Luke doesn't tell Reilly about his intentions since she is busy preparing for the biggest tournament of her life but when he does, he forces Reilly to take a look back on her failed relationships and how now both of them seem to be mature enough to handle something deeper.

I really liked the epilogue, it was kind of sweet and set a year ahead. I also liked seeing how tough life is for a professional athlete and how much hard-work gets into it, I also loved the close loving relationship Reilly had with her family.