Saly

salythereader

Man Shy

Man Shy - Catherine Mulvany Rating 3.5

I enjoyed this book quite a bit, the heroine needs a hunk to take as a date to her sister's wedding. Her sister is getting married to her ex-boyfriend of eleven years and even though they didn't share an intimate relationship and she isn't hurt by their upcoming wedding, she is tired of everyone looking at her as if she is someone to be pitied. She has tried all avenues with failure so when her friend sets her up with his college friend she agrees but when she sees the hero she isn't sure, he looks all shabby but she learns it is because he is an undercover cop and then sees he cleans up well.

The hero soon learns she thinks he is gay and his friend tells him to let the deception go since she feels more comfortable around him that way.
We see the hero notice how careful the heroine is around him, how uncomfortable when someone touches her and it remind him of his sister who had a terrible thing happen to her and committed suicide, so he tries to get her to open up to him but she has been keeping things bottled up for so long that it is difficult.

When the truth comes out, I really hurt for the heroine.she had been eleven who liked the boy next door who was six years older, when she flirted with him a bit, he ended up raping her, young, scared and afraid she never spoke up, her young mind damaged, so even if she wants to her memories of that time take root, making it impossible for her to have any kind of relationship.

I liked the hero Brody he was incredibly patient and sweet. The suspense element also runs across the book, about the robbers and the rapist, with Brody always missing them by a second or clubbed on the head.

The book wasn't that heavy and made for a light read that I ended up liking since the relationship moves almost at a sweet pace and we see Brody who doesn't think he wants marriage after his parents have walked the aisle multiple times, change his mind.