Saly

salythereader

Ties That Bind (A Family Bond) (Harlequin Special Edition)

The Ties That Bind (A Family Bond) - Ginna Gray This is the last book in the series and sadly my least favorite mainly because I didn't enjoy the romance much or the stubborn behaviour of the heroine, no matter how much it was warranted, I mean I get it that for years she did everything her stepfather wanted at first to make him like her and later when her mother died for security, but she had loved and lived on the ranch since she was seven and had been promised it would be hers and suddenly after her stepfather dies, he leaves it to her and his three illegitimate grandsons with the condition attached that they all have to work there for a year to inherit.

The hero Zach has always dreamed of owning a ranch but not like this first of all he and his newly discovered siblings are not really best friends, all being reserved men and then there is Willa who is angry as hell but somehow they all decide to make the best of the situation except for Will, who feels betrayed and shows it by acting out badly and ignoring all efforts of friendship and Zach puts up with it because she is entitled to all the time she needs to adjust to a new reality, someone else running the show but she takes it to extremes, almost putting others and herself in danger and then Zach gives it to her and she is remorseful but still not willing to get close to him since she thinks her stepfather wanted her and Zach to get together.

Honestly the book didn't seem a bit romantic, all Willa did was act out badly, knowing she was being a shrew but not stopping it and somehow Zach still falls for her intending not to do anything about it because he doesn't want go give his grandfather the satisfaction at first and because of Willa. Willa too falls for him and does nothing about it until they come back after a dance and Zach confesses that he tried dating but can't forget her and they make love, when Zach messes it up by proposing and she thinks it is because she was a virgin.

I had a question at this moment, how could she feel pain, when she had been riding all her life?And why does it take a life-threatening moment for someone to accept declarations of love.

I liked the first two books much better and have to be honest a good heroine is required to make a book good for me.