Saly

salythereader

In Search Of Dreams (A Family Bond)

In Search of Dreams - Ginna Gray Rating 3.5

So, this is JT's story, he's the hot-shot reporter who finally decides to follow his dream of writing a novel and doing another thing on the way, find his third sibling and a clue online leads him to Kate and her bed and breakfast.

Kate is happy to be closed for the winters, for the past four years ever since the scandal broke she has lived in seclusion, not letting the scorn of the town people get to her since she knows she and her brother are innocent and she grudgingly agrees to let JT stay.

I really liked Kate she was independent and strong and when lesser people would have given up and moved away she didn't because she believed in protecting her family legacy and when JT went to town and heard the tale the town people said, threatened to kick him out since she is loyal to her family.

She tells JT the truth, how a sweet-talking preacher everyone loved except her and her brother Zach, married her mother thinking they had money and when he learnt they didn't, made their life hell, verbally abusing them and making the town people believe bad things about Zach. He then ran a scam on them(town people) and ran away with the money and even when he was caught and later died still said it was all because of Zach. So, she 's wary since the last man she was involved with only pretended to be in love with her recover the money for the town people.

JT knows she's careful so he runs a careful seduction, getting her to trust him and his motives are not bad, he loves her and soon she falls for him as well, sharing secrets, childhood memories and even the fact that Zach is his brother but he foolishly doesn't tell her that he is a reporter or the fact that he is writing a book on the scandal and when it came back to bite him, I thought it was fair, since he was fairly arrogant and hadn't seen how blind he was being.

All in all, I enjoyed the book & will read Zach's story next.