Saly

salythereader

Girl Behind the Scandalous Reputation (Mills & Boon Modern)

Girl Behind the Scandalous Reputation (Mills & Boon Modern) - Michelle Conder An impressive debut by the author. Like all M&B's it has ingredients, like the hero judging to conclusions about the heroine, since he met her at 14 and saw she had a joint, the kiss they shared at 17 & then him kicking her out since he sees her with drugs & then believing her reputation, after all her parents were known drug users and her step-father's parties wild. He wants to shelter his little sister who was friends with her.

Six years later his sister is getting married and she's the maid of honour and detained for carrying drugs. He doesn't buy her innocence but because of his sister gets her released into his custody and they start fighting again. Lily doesn't defend herself to him since he tunes her out and her parents taught her don't make them see you sweat, so she's perfect at deception and hiding who she is.

The hero slowly starts seeing that he may be wrong about her, she has no airs, is afraid of crowds & then they have smexy encounter on a wall, where he takes her virginity, he is shocked to say the least and when he tells her sorry I loved her scathing reply, ooh had you known I was a virgin you would have believed my innocence?

I loved how she played it cool and actually made him sweat and go running. The hero likes being the one in control and doesn't melt over women, after seeing his father destroyed by his shallow mother.

I did like that he had to chase her in the end and do all the work. All in all I liked the author's style & will keep an eye out for her books.