Saly

salythereader

An Unexpected Addition

An Unexpected Addition - Terese Ramin Okay this book was too long & depressingly real at first especially when it delved into the twisted mind of the hero's sixteen year old daughter, I mean it was fairly obvious she had issues which needed therapy and maybe medication and she took some dangerous paths, like drugs in this book & I did feel the hero Hank let her get away with it since he didn't know how to get through her. He had spent most of her childhood working undercover with the DEA & when his wife died, his daughter was eleven and at a tough age and even though he took a desk job he wasn't able to get through to her. Also some issued were alluded by Meg, his daughter to his wife, maybe like some sort of mental illness but wasn't totally said outright.

The heroine is a ex-nun & ex-missionary mother, who has a bunch of adopted kids, foster kids etc and the hero calls her two-goody shoes & she even acknowledges this fault within her. The hero comes to stay with her for the summer in an effort to understand his daughter, since his daughter is best friend's with the heroine's daughter. They didn't like each other at first but learn to and have great chemistry as well which they try to ignore since Meg has to be a priority but soon they give in & start dating.

I have a tough time rating this book, it took me through the wringer. It depicted a highly troubled teen & I felt bad for Hank when he had to make a tough call in the end.

I wasn't expecting such a heavy read so though I appreciate the things talked about in the book, I just wanted something lighter. The book could be really dark and morbid sometimes.