Saly

salythereader

The Husband Recipe (Harlequin Special Edition Series #2165)

The Husband Recipe - Linda Winstead Jones If I had to describe this book in one word I would call it sweet. The hero was a widower raising three kids, after losing his childhood sweet-heart suddenly. I really loved the hero, he was such a great father that he gave up his baseball career to be there for his kids & his life revolved around them, though he did realize that he had over-compensated & spoiled them. Cole had tried dating but it had turned out to be disasters with the help of his kids which he learns later, so he stopped, then he meets his neighbour.

I liked Lauren even if she was OCD & old-fashioned and had a list for everything but as she learns not everything can be planned. She loved cooking & built her career around it. I also couldn't help but like the three kids who were terrors, the oldest daughter feared someone like Lauren would come between their family so she tried to sabotage it, but you could see how scared she was.

Even Lauren & Cole were scared, Cole about failing his children & losing someone again & even the thought of having kids again which Lauren wanted. I liked how realistic the book was & sweet.

It was truly an enjoyable read.