Saly

salythereader

Waiting for You (Landry, #3) - Abigail Strom I think I liked this book the least in the series, the writing was good but the romance was lack-lustre somehow. For most of the book the h/H aren't even together and I just didn't feel the hero much, he didn't seem great at all, not that he was bad, what I am trying to say is, he never felt like a hero.

So, the story is the heroine has always had a crush on the hero and then he comes back changed after he left the army, he seems empty and tries to avoid his family. Things heat up between them one day but he backs off since he is in no mental frame to start something and she agrees with him and tries dating, but somehow they spend one night together and he races off to deal with things.

She gets pregnant, doesn't tell him, but plans to, six months later he is back, wants to take responsibility but she wants love. I don't mind reading tried and tested stories because honestly it is the treatment that matters but my standards were raised high by her other books & this was mediocre.