Saly

salythereader

The Millionaire's Wish (Silhouette Special Edition #2106)

The Millionaire's Wish (Silhouette Special Edition #2106) - Abigail Strom This was such an incredibly well written and sweet story and I liked both the hero and heroine. The heroine meets the hero when she goes to shout at him for turning down the request of a kid with cancer, see the thing is the heroine runs a foundation for kids with cancer, it is something close to her heart since she lost her sister to it. The hero is fine with giving her money, after all he is a millionaire but he doesn't want to go, we learn later it is because he lost his mother too and it raises painful memories.

At the start of the book, the hero doesn't feel that satisfied with his work, his grandmother is on his case for dating bimbos and not settling down so he makes an offer to the heroine, he will give money to her foundation if she pretends to date him, after refusing she agrees.

The heroine doesn't date, it is something she is not comfortable with, the last time she dated was ten years ago and it ended badly and her boyfriend beat her, since her sister was in the hospital then she lied to her family and pushed it away.

I liked seeing these two progress from playing a charade to getting to know and like each other. These two had scars from their past and together they healed and I loved their story.

Now, I'll read the 3rd book in this series.