Saly

salythereader

Deserving of His Diamonds?

Deserving of His Diamonds? - Melanie Milburne When the book opens our really proud hero finds out that he made a terrible mistake and the woman he has spent the past two years trying to forget had been innocent and not the person featured in a sex tape, so he immediately goes to make amends and finds her working in a baby shop.

Actually the heroine owns the shop and she has changed in the two years since he broke their engagement and cast her out of his life. She discovered she had a twin and went through the heart-ache of losing her baby, she does not want the hero back in her life, she is coping the best way she can.

Of course the hero is arrogant and refuses to go away and dangles two million dollars and the opportunity for her to expand her business, to get her to spend a month with him. She wants to refuse but she agrees but she does not want a reconciliation like the hero is hoping instead she wants to make his life miserable and make him see that she is not the naive, innocent virgin who fell in love with him and did whatever he said.

For most of the book the hero infuriated me, he was so arrogant and yes he wanted to make up for the past but he expected the heroine to just forget it and instead try and make a fresh start. He sees that she has changed and seems sad and he wants to make up for it.

I liked the heroine, of course I wish there is a heroine in HP-land who doesn't melt when the hero touches her, but well I did like she refused to give in to his old plans of getting back together and having babies, instead she was vehement that she did not want children and that they would have only one month together.

When they were together before, the hero thought she was perfect, he didn't love her, but she kind of went together with what he wanted from life after coming up from the streets. The second time around he does open up to her about his past after he find out about their baby and finally realizes that extent of his mistakes and that like the heroine said, you can't reset time.

And of course he whored around quite a bit in the past two years while she dealt with the death of her child. I didn't hate the book but it could have been so much better if the hero had been more apologetic from the start instead of trying to insinuate himself back into the heroine's life but then again the heroine might not have seen him again.

The best part for me was that she screams and walks away from him at the end, ready to re-start her life and it is the hero who has to chase her.