Saly

salythereader

The Truth About Toby (Silhouette Intimate Moments, No 810) (Harlequin Intimate Moments)

The Truth about Toby - Cheryl St.John I have a thing for psychic stories, I have confessed this many a times and this one was very well written and had both the hero and heroine who had abilities, the hero was someone who had withdrawn from them and life preferring seclusion after spending his childhood being exploited by his mother, tested, considered a freak and facing heart-break when the answers he found led to dead people.

The heroine ran a bread and breakfast and had spent a lifetime denying she had any abilities since it had made her mother uncomfortable but when her sister died along with her nephew, she started having dreams and somehow she knew her nephew was alive and went for help which led her to the hero. Of course on finding him, she doesn't find him welcoming and instead of an old man she expected, he is much younger.

The hero's compassion leads him to give her shelter but he doesn't offer her hope and tells her that her nephew is dead, of course he is in for his own miracle when he sees that what the heroine's sees doesn't lead to death and instead it is the future and they soon join hands.

Their relationship too progresses to an intimate level, both know it's temporary since the heroine is not like her sister, dependent on a man while the hero likes living the way he does, living in civilization takes a toll on him.

However things comes to pass that require the hero to pick up his gifts again and somehow these two people find what they were looking for and each other.

I liked the way the book was written, the hero seeing a different side of special abilities as well as finding something he never expected, happiness.