Saly

salythereader

Always On My Mind - Jill Shalvis I am like a broken record with JS books, they are just so freaking amazing but this time I'll be honest that there was one factor that annoyed me to no end in this book, Jack and Leah were apart most of the book and were seldom together on page. I mean there are these two awesome characters who know each other so well, have awesome chemistry and they hardly spend time together, that was just plain mean.

Jack is a fire-fighter who followed in his hero father's footsteps. He is a stand-up guy and a ladies man, a fact his mother takes the blame for because she fell apart after her husband's death and believes that is the cause for Jack's commitment free ways.

Leah grew up with a father that constantly berated her, chipping away at her self-esteem and Jack was always there for her, wiping her tears, cheering her up and there was a brief time they could have been more, but afraid she ran away and now she's back to take care of her grandmother, when she tells Jack's sick mother a big fib, she and Jack are together. I liked the whole Lucky Harbor rumor mill going crazy after this news but felt the book tried to do much, they threw in an arson plot and made Jack spend more time at the fire-station than was needed.

The book also set up Jack's cousin Ben and Aubrey who we met in Ali's book here. Overall I love JS and this book is all kinds of sweet and sexy. Recommended!