Saly

salythereader

The Texas Way - Jan Freed Rating 3.5 stars
I've actually read and enjoyed the hero's sister's book and this one after a shaky start was pretty good. The heroine has never been happy in life, disapproving parents and a teenage mistake and then a bad marriage but she is ready to start living her dream, of training horses and even if she has to approach the hero to do it, she will.

The hero's best friend was someone the heroine was involved with and he died because of the heroine so there is no love lost between them. I found the hero very hard at first, he had to grow up fast, his dad was sick and his ranch failing. He was unnecessarily harsh to the heroine at first but he improved and so did the heroine, her confidence level and all.

I didn't like the suspense aspect and it was weird from not liking the heroine to thinking he is not good enough, overall decent.