Saly

salythereader

Her Favorite Rival (Harlequin Superromance) - Sarah Mayberry I've never hidden the fact that Sarah Mayberry is one of my favourite authors, she just does emotions so well and her characters are great, flawed, hurt and yet so lovable that you root for them.

Audrey and Zach are rivals at work, Zach a recent hire but a threat to a promotion Audrey is looking for. To Audrey Zach is a rich designer-wear guy who drives an expensive car while she is the messed up teenager whose parents don't approve of her and she started right at the bottom in the company and seems to be still trying to make up for her run-away years.

But Zach's clothes are a facade and is far away from the truth, the truth being he grew up poor with a messed up mother, taking care of himself and his mom. He likes dressing up, it reminds him of how far he has come.

The book initially establishes their rivalry, they have a new boss and both are trying to show off and then they are paired up together and get to know each other blowing away their pre-conceived notions.

Honestly, I loved the gradual progression of the romance, Audrey leaning on Zach when she felt really broken and then Zach slowly leaning on her, trusting her about the truth of his mother.

Her Favorite Rival is another excellent book from this talented author. I would recommend reading it when you are in the mood for something meaty and with substance.

ARC provided by the publisher through Netgalley.