Saly

salythereader

Uncommon Passion - Anne Calhoun Rating 3.25 stars
Though smoking when it came to sex scenes this book lacked a distinct emotional connection as well as any romance between the hero/heroine. Honestly, the hero came across as an ass, something the heroine called him on. I wish she would have moved on with someone else. The heroine is 25 and grew up in a strict religious community, escaping a few months back and getting used to the real world and doing things without restrictions. She is working at a farm and hoping to get into vet school when at an auction she bets on the cop hero, Ben.

Ben is the definition of cold and emotionless. The heroine goes home and divests with her virginity and then they continue their sexual encounters, with no emotion, no talking, just have sex and the heroine leaves. This bothered me because the heroine later said that she could fall for him but there was nothing worth falling for.

We are made aware of the hero's tragic history that made him the way he is but I didn't like his treatment of the heroine and how she too put up with it. Of course in the end he courts her but I still wasn't convinced of the HEA.