Saly

salythereader

Love in Disguise - Rachel Lindsay Rating 3.5 stars
Thanks Leona for this recommendation. I so like reading about a heroine who can bring out her claws and strike back. The heroine has always lived at home, taking care of her father and she took a year off university to help her sick father. Now things have changed, her dad comes back home married and there is friction with her new step-mom which makes the heroine start searching for a place to live. I think the book straddled a fine line between showing the step-mom as being selfish and not that bad, same with the heroine, she came off as self-sacrificing at few moments and very strong and assertive the next.

The heroine finds a temporary job as a house-keeper standing in for a friend. She of course doesn't tell her family what the job is and because she is so young dresses like a woman, a decade older. She mistakes the very rich hero to be a driver at first and questions him at every turn, his working so hard, not eating, his army of servants and more.

Honestly, the romance here is okay, we have a few kisses and the heroine's belief that the hero is having an affair with a married woman and then bam we get a HEA. Nevertheless, despite some shortcomings I liked the book.