Saly

salythereader

Seduction Under Fire (Harlequin Romantic Suspense) - Melissa Cutler Rating 3.25 stars
I really wanted to be WOW'ed by this book but I wasn't. The storyline seemed unbelievable to me, hero/heroine are kidnapped, escape and then run around Mexico trying to rescue a kidnapped girl and bring down a cartel. The heroine was pretty ingenious, her dream of being a cop ended five years ago when she was shot yet she still hangs on, on desk duty letting her life pass by. The heroine on the other hand works with ICE and loves the ladies but that life doesn't seem to be working for him, ever since his best friend got hitched to the heroine's sister he has felt restless and weird. He thinks the heroine is uptight, the heroine thinks the hero is a romeo but both get stuck together. I liked that the hero fell hard for the heroine while she was hell bent on building walls between them since she thought she was just a convenience for him. I felt the book had potential but there was something missing for me.