Saly

salythereader

One Final Step - Stephanie Doyle Rating 3.5 stars
Well this was one deep book, filled with two characters Madeleine and Michael who had deep emotional scars and issues. The hero is a former con who made it big in racing and now wants to start a car and needs investment and the heroine for that. In order to get money he needs the heroine to spruce up his image. The heroine isn't sure she wants the job, she has spent the past seven years hiding. She used to be young and successful when one mistake she made changed all that and branded her a whore and the shame of it is, she has never forgiven herself and can't deal with the spotlight.

So, when the hero shows interest in her as a woman, her first instinct is to run. But things aren't so easy, you see the hero has his secrets too from his years spent in prison. I loved reading about two flawed characters. Both of them didn't magically get over their issues. The heroine kind of acted all obstinate and stupid till the end. I loved reading about Ben and Ana, whose book I am looking forward too.