Saly

salythereader

Her Man In Manhattan - Trish Wylie Rating 4.5 stars
I have been loving the Brannigan series and this is again an excellent entry in this series besides being part of the KISS line-up. The hero Tyler is a detective but he has been unraveling and has been put on baby-sitting duty for the Mayor's daughter Miranda. He doesn't want the job is obvious but he can't seem to stop feeling attracted to the heroine.

Their first meet is awesome, the heroine is in disguise in a club, when there is a raid there and he lets her get away by sharing a steamy kiss with her. Their next meet is when she is on her Mayor daughter mode and is shocked to find the man she fantasized about, as her new jailor.

The hero is kind of an autocrat jerk at first, expecting the heroine to toe the line and follow his orders, even though she hates the circus her life is, but the hero soon puts his prejudices away and starts discovering who she is, she hates the limelight and is vulnerable.

The heroine was great as well, vulnerable one moment, naughty the next. She loved putting one over the hero but when their casual things appears to be something more, she feels afraid and kind of runs. The hero Tyler takes some time to become a decent person.

The only reason it didn't get full stars from me, were the hero's jerky moment and his sudden dark twist and his unrequited love thing came so out of the blue that I couldn't believe it. All in all, I loved the book, the characters had awesome chemistry.

ARC provided by Harlequin through Netgalley.