Saly

salythereader

Running Wild - Linda Howard, Linda Winstead Jones Just to be clear, I am not sure this book will be everyone's cup of tea because the romance truly does take a lot of time to get going so we get to read about the heroine doing her chores, the hero doing his work etc etc. The heroine is on the run from a man she dated twice, he being a cop made things difficult and he escalated killing her friend thinking it was the heroine, so now she is truly off the grid, doing whatever jobs she can. The hero's cousin gets the heroine a job with the hero who is in a bind because well his housekeeper left and his men and he are starving, the laundry pile is growing etc. At the start he is not sold on the heroine but he starts seeing her grit soon. I liked how we saw the heroine being cautious yet afraid, she didn't automatically assume that the hero was safe which generally happens in book. All in all a good book.