Saly

salythereader

Rhys's Redemption - Anne McAllister Rating 3.5 stars
I have mixed feelings about this book because the hero doesn't come around for a long, long time, he is too mired in the memories of losing his young wife and unborn son(eight years back), which made him quit his family business and become a fire-fighter. One night of grief changes his friendship with the heroine, who he has known for three years. When he comes back from his assignment he thinks we will go back to being friends but that doesn't happen because the heroine is pregnant from the one night they spent together.

The hero acts like a douche, ignoring her and telling her he would be there for her financially only because he cannot risk himself again but the heroine loves him and waits and holds hope. I don't know how the heroine could wait around for him, even when she gave up, she was too fast to forgive him IMO,when he screwed his head on straight. I would have liked to see him work at getting her back, or maybe just going slow.