Saly

salythereader

Baby, Oh Baby! - Robin  Wells Hero has become increasingly sullen and angry ever since he lost his wife and parents in an accident two year ago but then he learns that the fertility treatment he and his wife visited, made a big error, they used his sperm to impregnate a woman, a woman who became pregnant. This gives the hero something to live for and he tracks down the heroine. The heroine comes across kooky at first to him, what with all her talks about reading tea leaves and her grandfather talking to her through billboards. But she has a 14 month old daughter who looks just like him.

When the hero comes into her life, the heroine is rightly not welcoming. She signed up for an anonymous donation and not for some man landing on her doorstep, demanding her daughter. Her parents unhappy marriage and her own unsuccessful one propelled her to seek other ways. She quit her advertising job and moved to the farm.

I enjoyed seeing the hero struggle at first with his daughter and the twinkie thing was plain adorable and funny. There is a subplot involving the hero's in-laws and their marriage vows. His father in law is on the verge of cheating while his wife is finally recovering from depression. I still kind of found the father in law not so sympathetic.

The hero/heroine end up getting married temporarily. I did like how the heroine was adamant about not being a second choice. Overall a good contemporary romance.