Saly

salythereader

A Week Till the Wedding - Linda Winstead Jones Rating 3.5 stars

They were some aspects of the book I enjoyed, some I didn't.

The hero/heroine were involved with each other seriously for two years when they were in college and then the heroine's parents died and she had to take care of her two sisters while the hero got a good job. He asked her to come with him but she couldn't, so they drifted away, he joined the rat race, climbing the corporate ladder while she remained in her hometown even after her sisters left.

It's been seven years and the hero hardly ever comes homes, it's all work for him but when he does come back he finds his grandmother sick and she thinks he and Daisy are still together and getting married. He feels guilty for being absent and approaches Daisy. Now, Daisy doesn't want anything to do with the hero, she blames him for choosing his career over her but agrees because she loves his grandmother. Old wounds come to the surface and the chemistry though Daisy tries to ignore it because the hero's return makes her see how she has been stuck in a rut on all fronts and has to find the courage to move on.

I loved how the hero acknowledges his faults and this time around wants to work hard for another chance while Daisy does her level bes to call it just lust. What bothered me was his grandmother's deception which was kind of cold and hurtful to a lot of people. Overall, a nice enough read.