Saly

salythereader

Enslaved - Elisabeth Naughton This series has gotten better with a not so great start. In the last book Gryphon an Argonaut warrior was rescued by his brother Orpheus from the Underworld but not before he broke. He made a deal with Atlanta, their enemy to make the torture stop and Atlanta with the help of Kronos tied him to her. For months he has been kept restrained in the Misos colony run by Nick because he is unstable, feeling the lure of Atlanta and too ashamed to tell anyone what happened to him. He feels unworthy.

Maelea has also been residing in the colony but she wants to leave because people have a tendency to get hurt around her. Hade is hunting her because she is the daughter of his wife and Zeus but none of her parents care about her yet she wants to make her way to Olympus.

Gryphon escapes and kidnaps Maelea who is also escaping at the same moment. They don't like each other at first and why should they, Maelea has been kidnapped and has heard rumors about how crazy the hero has become. For Gryphon, Maelea was a tool to escape and then he notices she quitens the voices in his head and later finds out it is because of her connection to the Underworld.

They are attracted to each other and I loved how their romance played out. Even the overall arc of the series is going well and I am mighty curious about Titus and his curse and the woman he cannot read emotions from. Atlanta is still up to no good and poor Max is still not used to having parents. All in all I enjoyed the book.