Saly

salythereader

Rogue Rider - Larissa Ione Rating 3.5 stars
Reseph wrecked havoc for a year, his seal was broken by Sin and he lost himself becoming Pestilence turning into a sadist torturing and destroying the world, hurting women, his siblings.
The other three Horseman tried to save him , trying to keep alive the fun womanizing Respeh but finally stabbed him with Deliverance, not knowing that it was wormwood that would kill him, their Angelic watcher Reaver knew it and wanted to save him, so he got stuck in Sheol so that Reseph could go in the human world, his memory wiped clean, giving him a chance to heal for the second biblical apocalype.

The Aegis is still acting out, believing Gethel and Kynan and Arik have formed a new one called DRT. Jillian, our heroine finds Reseph on the road naked and takes him in. She was attacked by a demon, her life changed plus she found out her ex fiancee was a liar so she has been hiding out. I liked the developments in the book, the revealations about Harvester(an angel spy, Satan's daughter), Reaver were great and stunning even but the romance fell short for me. I didn't feel an emotional connect, even the sex wasn't that great. I knew this book would be a tough sell after all the despicable things Reseph had done as Pestilance and it is. He regrets what he has done, his family isn't that willing to forgive but Jillian is even though he was responsible for what happened to her. Reseph had been shallow his whole life, a party animal and playboy but Jillian changed him but I couldn't see it.

I still applaud for Larissa for having the courage to write this book, sadly it didn't meet the high standards Larissa herself has set for me.

ARC provided by the publisher through Netgalley.