Saly

salythereader

Forever Spring - Joan Hohl Well, this book was pretty average but I rated it higher because the hero was older, 56 or so with grown children we have read about earlier. He lost his wife a few months ago but he lost her long before that. His wife was his childhood sweetheart and then he learnt six years ago that she had been cheating on him for a decade and he became impotent and then he meets the heroine. She runs an inn and is in her late thirties and divorced with two kids. What was weird for me is that they hardly know each other and sleep together and the hero becomes all possessive. Her ex has a heart-attack and the heroine feels all ashamed for having needs even though she has been divorced five years and her ex was a cheater. She goes to take care of him and is forced into taking him in. What a boring martyr, the hero/heroine moon over each other from afar which was again weird since they hardly know each other but whatever. The book was short so didn't take much of my time.