Saly

salythereader

Just a Kiss - Erin Nicholas This was one of the better books in the series and I loved how it mixed humour with more. The hero/heroine had eloped fourteen years ago when they were just kids, she a devout a Christian and he crazy for her but when the next day the heroine couldn't tell her father the truth, like the teenagers they were, the hero applied for an annulment and left and led life on the edge for a long time, taking chances, drugs, women but then he found faith, which showed him a new way and he leads a better life now and has been celibate for eight years. Then he learns his dad has a kid from an affair and Kevin is the only who can look after the kid since his parents want nothing to do with it, so he agrees and moves back to his hometown. The second shock is finding out that he is still married.

Eve was a young girl who made a mistake and that cost her everything. She never signed the papers because she wanted Kevin to talk to her and give her another chance and that didn't happen. The attraction is still there and the resentment and some love, but is that love the same? Because both of them have changed. Earlier Kevin was not a believer and came to church to show her father and hid parts of himself to make her love him, now he is a believer. Eve is no longer that shy girl, she has made plenty of mistakes after her father kicked her out and no longer has faith.

I liked how we see both of them get to know each other while still having that love just a more mature version. The role reversal was great too. I also liked that the heroine too had had experience and enjoyed the hero's brother too.