Saly

salythereader

Rainsinger (Silhouette Special Edition, No 1031) - Ruth Wind Rating 3.25
I enjoyed this story, even though I have not read the prequel in which Jessie and her daughter find happiness.
Jessie was someone Daniel loved but they were never more than friends and since she found Luke again he retreated to a place his Indian ancestors owned even if legally that land is not his. Suddenly the legal owner arrives, the heroine & her teenage sister, who is grief ridden since she lost her parents.

Since none of them want to give up the place they decide a truce is in order, the heroine will stay for a few months, her sister needs to heal. The heroine's father was a pastor & she herself served in the Peace Corps & has a good value system. The hero is very reserved and wary of being hurt, he's always been that way, the things he has seen make him think that loving ultimately ends in hurt.

They don't want to start something between them but can't stop and I liked how sweet the relationship seemed, the athletic, tall heroine who has never been confident around men, kind of becomes comfortable. I liked the pace of the book and now want to read Walk in Beauty.