Saly

salythereader

Banish Misfortune - Anne Stuart Rating 2.5 stars
I had a hard time with this book, especially the heroine's actions, motivations and delusions. She had ample reason to be the way she was, after handling alcoholic parents and being raped but she was too cold and manipulative for my tastes. She had no problem letting everyone believe that she had slept her way to the top and even kind of letting herself bartered in a business deal.

The hero has his issues as well, he found out in a shocking manner that his father was gay and has never reconciled with him. The h/H hardly spend time together in the book and don't really get to know each other except for sleeping together twice.

She learns she is pregnant and that changes her entire outlook in life, she quits her job and moves. I found it really unforgivable that she never tells the hero's dying father that the child she is carrying is his grandchild, though he did guess.

Never felt the romance and the the characters were never really fleshed out.