Saly

salythereader

Lone Wolf's Lady - You know I generally like Beverly Barton books even if they are second chance books but this one was filled with so many problems, I hated the hero and his actions. He had valid reasons for his anger, he went to jail when the heroine testified against him and she was pregnant with his baby. He spent five years in jail and that hardened him further, a process which had been started in his childhood. The heroine was the only one who he had opened up with and when she betrayed him, he became a cold hearted ba*tard.

The heroine comes back after fifteen years, she is messed up, she never did remember what happened the day her father was murdered and when she was forced in her broken state to say what her mother told her to, her mind couldn't take it and she had a mental breakdown and the five years he spent in jail was the five years she spent in a mental institution. When she did regain her mind, she remembered she lost her baby and what she did to the hero and she knew she couldn't go back.

The heroine had been young and pampered and when her baby's life was threatened she did a bad thing. She comes back ready to face the truth but her family does not want that and she needs the hero loves, he acts like a total jerk. He sexually humiliates the heroine and insults her at every turn and she takes it because she feel she deserves it.

He does try to make up for it but I never warmed up to it and all the other drama.