Saly

salythereader

Standing On The Outside  (Harlequin Presents, No 983) - Lindsay Armstrong

I found the book to be quiet different. The heroine is the shy sort, lonely in the world and hides after a bad romance then she becomes the secretary of the hero. What I liked was taut there was no instant attraction between them, instead they bantered and got to know each other. For most of the book the hero was in love with his childhood sweetheart who was married to someone else. The heroine believed in his integrity, that he would not break her vows and he treats her with tenderness and respect. When things take an intimate turn he asks her to marry him but she gets doubts an runs . Then the last chapter opens months later, when she is trying to build a new life and he comes to her in desperation , apologising and confessing his love and telling her about the OW. Like I said I enjoyed it for being different .