Saly

salythereader

Virgin Beauty (Silhouette Intimate Moments, 1038) (Intimate Moments, 1038) - Claire King 4 stars
The heroine comes to town after buying her own vet practice, she is doing what she loves and is prepared for people talking about her, after all that has happened all her life because she is tall, more than 6 ft and that doesn't make her feel feminine or that someone can love her for herself. The hero is there to welcome her and he is an ass, why because he is resentful of the heroine, she is living his dream and his practice. The hero was a vet student when in his last semester he was kicked out after being accussed of cheating, his dreams crashed and his wife of seven months left him, he became a bitter guy, working his ass of at his family ranch. He is a jerk end number of times in the book, questioning the heroine's competency, making up for his lack and she calls him on it that she is not to be blamed for what happened to him, she is not his ex. By all rights the heroine should have left the hero and I should have hated him but somehow I didn't, the suspense comes out of the blue and I liked it. Even the hero's brother who had fallen so low in his grief was likeable. The hero actually made the heroine feel feminine though it was mixed with his crap, all in all I enjoyed the book.