Saly

salythereader

Bring Him Home (Harlequin Superromance) - Karina Bliss 3.5 stars
Nate has changed, its been eighteen months since the ambush that killed his best friends and he withdrew, left to become a bodyguard in Hollywood, live the surface life because that doesn't remind him of his past and then Claire comes back, Claire who reminds him of the past, of Steve.

Claire has been through a lot, losing her husband, her teenage son acting out and Nate leaving them but now she is ready to move on and needs Nate's signature. He acts like an ass at first not wanting to get involved and then he does, but he doesn't want the others knowing he is back. Both of them have a lot to deal with, Claire, being angry at her husband who broke his promise of not getting deployed and she has to deal with the fact that she came second and Nate tries to get her to forgive Steve, the same way they did when Claire and Steve went through a rough patch. For Nate his guilt comes from the fact that he couldn't save Steve and what he had to do to his friend. The romance kicks in very late and it is subtle. I liked that there was no latent attraction between them before, they were true friends and the change came later and that the fact that she would love Steve was something Nate wanted, that didn't lessen what they had. All in all I enjoyed the book and loved revisiting the gang especially the good news about Jo.