Saly

salythereader

Rebel With A Cause (Harlequin Presents, No. 1068) - Leigh Michaels Rating 3.5 stars

Okay so to be upfront I enjoyed this book but I had reservations with the heroine. She is a reporter and radio jockey and her father is the mayor and the hero is planning a big business venture in her town and she dares to question the legitimacy and effect on the town, okay I am fine with that but she literally resorts to mud slinging and doing the exact things that give reporters a bad name. She wasn't unbiased instead she had a closed mind which the hero told her. The hero was great with her, showing her his plans and everything and she still persisted on acting like a child with a grudge. Then her fiancée, what the hell was she thinking? She gets engaged to a mama's boy and even when things are not going her way keeps her mouth shut, giving in for peace's sake. I never got why she was engaged?

To me it was obvious what the hero felt for because despite her behaviour she stuck around. The heroine realizes she loves him and then goes to bed with him, panicked she runs and tries to break off her engagement but her fiancée is in no mood to listen. Then she starts behaving like a typical heroine, I should respect my ex fiancée so should keep wearing his ring till he returns & then when she meets the hero again refuses to tell him she has broken it off. These stupid things irked me beyond that the hero was awesome!