Saly

salythereader

Untameable Rogue - Kelly Hunter Rating 3.5 stars
Not my favourite of the series, I kind of didn't get on board with the romance that much and like the other book this didn't have much humor and sexual tension. What I liked was the unusual heroine, she was tough and proud of herself, after a childhood spent in foster homes and seeing her father and brother self destruct, she married an older man who showed her love and affection, she didn't love him but honoured him and after his death made his business successful. She doesn't care that people look down on her instead she runs her business, gives to charity and rescues children from the street which is how she meets the hero Luke. Luke is a former Navy SEAL and does dangerous freelance work now and is visiting his brother Jake. He doesn't plan of giving up his job and women generally are not fine with it but the heroine has her own life and job.

He is for most of the book wary about the heroine, she is wealthier than him and her former marriage kind of needles at him and it takes him time to understand her past, this bothered me in a way about Luke. These two decide to keep things casual but it is really not and he chases her when he leaves without telling her which re-awakens the uncertainity of her foster days. We also see the return of Jake's wife, whose book is next. Overall I found the tone of this book to be heavier and darker than the others.