Saly

salythereader

The Cinderella Deal - Jennifer Crusie Loved the book, JC just has this very different style. The heroine is quite bohemian, she quit her teaching job to be an artist, lives in a mis-matched apartment with cats, wears weird loose clothes and is not the hero's type who likes blondes but she is his perfect fake fiancée and would help him get a teaching job at a college. Her transformation makes him want her but he knows she is a hurricane while he is all dull and boring, the heroine finds him stifling, he reminds her of her father who she can never impress, she does like his body though. Things happen and the hero suggests they get married for a year or so in return she gets financial stability to pursue her art. I loved how their marriage started out, both try to hide they have the hots for each other, the adjustment they had to go through and how Daisy transformed his life for the better without his knowing. They both had people around them who fit their "type" but what you think you want is not always what your heart wants. Daisy becomes a bit more adult yet she is still her open, friendly self and even manages to repair Linc's relationship with his mother. I loved the end when Daisy transformed herself into what Linc thought he wanted and he ended up hating it and hated thinking what he would have become, had she not come into his life.