Saly

salythereader

Man In the Park (Harlequin Presents, No 903) - Emma Darcy The heroine was quite naive despite having a child(her fiancée died before they could get married) and her move to the city made her wide-eyed and her inexperience made her vulnerable to her wealthy and charming boss. She almost gives in to him but Dave, the man she and her daughter keep meeting in the park saves her and shows her what the stars in her eyes really are. Her boss wants her as mistress on the side and she in her naiveté almost let it happen. This book was quite different, Dave wasn't a big presence. The heroine helps him deal with the grief that has been keeping him paralysed since his daughter's death three years ago and shows him kindness thinking he is a drifter, when he is not, he is wealthy. The heroine was seriously quite stupid and dumb I must say but she had been sweet-talked by an expert.